Saturday, March 17, 2012

(Social) (Music) Violin

I know that I know how to play Piano. but I'm still not satisfied based on my field of music. Indeed. I don't know why I really want to learn violin so bad but I just want to.

It all started when I hear this song. A group of violinist plays violin and their violin sounds was mixed in a Brit Rock song. The Name of the song is "One Day Like This" by Elbow.


Then last January, I discovered this band, "Yellowcard" from their song "Paper Walls." The Violin in this songs is not really emphasised. I know they have their violinist in their band but some of their songs have a group of violinists that are playing together with the rock mood.

The first song that I will be showing here is titled, "Gifts and Curses" by Yellowcard, one of the theme songs of the Spider Man 2. But focus on the violin and piano solo.

The second video is a group of violinists in the Band Yellowcard (This is what I mean a while ago) that they play this song as a group of violinists. Here is the song, "How I Go."


At first, I said to my mom that I want to learn how to play violin. Their first impression about violin is they cost around Php50,000 ($1,190.48, £746.27). But they do not know that there are violin that costs only Php5,000 ($119.05, £74.63). Yeah, I convinced them that there are violin that costs Php5000 but the next problem is, they don'y know what school of music they'll get me in. I told them, "Yamaha!? But they answered, "Yamaha is too expensive school to go in."

So Guys, I really need help. Are there violin schools that are available inside Metro Manila? Please help. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment