Monday, April 22, 2013

San Juan, Batangas (Family Vication)

We went to San Juan, Batangas last April 20-21, 2013. I woke up very early around 6am because we left at 7am.

Thanks for the pocket wifi so I was connected on the internet in the whole duration of the trip. Whilst on the trip, I found myself listening to my current playlist in which I prepared the songs to be put in weeks before the trip. I also took pictures at the start of the trip only and listened to my music at the later part.

The whole trip will take about approximately 3 hours from Manila and you will travel through SLEX, Star Tollway, take the Lipa Exit, pass through Rosario, and there you will reach San Juan.

We went to the part of San Juan Batangas where beaches are available, and that is the place called "Laiya."

We stayed at Laiya Coco Grove and they have marvellous cottages. The one we stayed in is the treehouse cottage (I don't know if the name of the cottage is right) where the cottage itself is hanged in the tree, and the leaves of the tree itself serve as the rooftop of the cottage from the sunlight so it's not hot at all.

At first when we arrive, we ate lunch and eventually we found ourselves all asleep. Maybe we were all tired from the 3 hour trip. Then we went to the part of the resort that they called "Laiya Coco Grove White Beach" part and we swam across the beach but I found myself that making sandcastles took me more time than the beach swimming and I love to make more sandcastles than swimming in the beach itself. Honestly, the beach is not white at all and I love more to swim in the pool.

To get into their so-called, "white beach", you need to go to their information and a shuttle (that looks like a jeepney) will take you to their white beach. It's like another resort again but it's their remote resort where their customers can also go to that white beach remote resort.

After we went to the white beach, we went to swim in the pool. Fortunately, they have a swimming pool and our family stayed there for the rest of the night before the dinner. We ate dinner and went back to our cottage. Whilst all were asleep, I found myself listening to Guy Garvey's Finest Hour on BBC Radio 6 via internet on my phone. Honestly it's my first tome to hear Guy Garvey's voice since I became a fan of Elbow a year back then.

The next day, we woke up early, we ate breakfast and I found myself again making bridge sandcastles in front of our cottage. I've been attempting to do a nice bridge sandcastle filled with marvellous architecture like the bridges that you can see in urban plannings. We went to the swimming pool again, packed up, and we went home. We had our lunch on the road in McDonald's Lipa, Batangas (the one at the CM Recto) and we went home.

As we went home I found myself asleep in the car. And I continued my sleep inside the house. I was more tired than ever in our trip back to Manila than going to Batangas. Here are the pictures:











No comments:

Post a Comment