Thursday, December 29, 2011

Coldplay Albums: Compare and Contrast

I just bought the Album "Parachutes" by Coldplay and "Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends" by the same band too. Then last November I bought their latest Album "Mylo Xyloto" that was just released Late October. When I heard all of them a while ago I observed changes and differences in every album.
Parachutes is the very first album of Coldplay that was released last 2000. Their Genre their was rock, pur rock but not the harsh rock that Metallica has. Or an "Alternative" Genre. The songs I only familiar to is "Yellow," "Don't Panic," (that song doesn't really have the rockish genre that the whole album has)and "Shiver." The rest are very unfamiliar.
The next album is "Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends." When you look at the Album Artwork the painting at the background is "Liberty Leading the People," painting by Eugène Delacroix. So the songs here in this Album is somewhat revolutional in melody. Giving the Coldplay a whole new generation of Genre. I discovered the song "Yes" and that song felt me awesome in beat because the violin part there in that song gave it the generation of mixing a violin in a rockish alternative song. Then the blend, it's just so wonderful.
Then their latest Album, "Mylo Xyloto" was just released last October of this Year. This is another Coldplay Album that this Album faces to the Future. From its name itself, "Mylo Xyloto." According to them, this words doesn't mean anything but they want a a word or sound that faces to the future, and they chose "Mylo Xyloto." (source: wikicoldplay.com) Since all of these songs are very familiar to me, Paradise, Charlie Brown, Major Minus, Us Againsta The World, Hurts Like Heaven, Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall, Princess of China, etc. This album is awesome.
I admit. To complete my Coldplay collection I still need to buy their Albums "X&Y" and "A Rush Of Blood To the Head." But I have enough money. There are my idols.

No comments:

Post a Comment