Saturday, August 18, 2012

(Music) Yellowcard - Southern Air (Review)

A New Album of Yellowcard has just released last August 14, named, "Southern Air."


If you don't know, I am also a fan of Yellowcard, I know many of their songs. In my opinion, they've evolved in this album. To start listening at the Album in the song "Awakening." I love the rock thing here especially the mixture of the violin. The second song, "Surface of the Sun" signifies (in my opinion) something light-catchy in the song that makes me listen to it more. We all know the that the third song of this Album is the first single in this Album. "Always Summer" highlights the violin solo especially the fast part that makes me eager more to learn violin. If you want to watch the music video, here is the video:



Then the fourth song of the Album/their second single of the Album, "Here I Am Alive" is the one of the catchy songs Southern Air has to offer. If you want to watch, here it is:

One of my favourite songs in the Album is "Sleep In The Snow." I love the whole song: every part in detail is significant for me. But my favourite part of the song is the ending part; the part after the rock then the soft atmosphere follows with Cello (?) Violin, Piano (I think?)--it's unexplained to be honest. Then the sixth song of the Album is "A Vicious Kind." This is my second favourite song from the Album because the lyrics struck me because of the past and I think the lyrics is all about war like that. But all in all I like the song! The seventh is "Telescope." This is the least favourite of the song. I'm not saying that I don't like it. I still like it but I doesn't highlight to my ears. I really don't know why to be honest. The eight, "Rivertown Blues." The part of the song that is significant for me is the Guitar solo at the endmost part, just like "The Takedown" in their previous album, "Paper Walls." It is my favourite song of Yellowcard of all time and it has also a Guitar Solo just like the Rivertown Blues. The ninth is "Ten," just like "Dear Bobbie" in the album "Paper Walls." They're both in acoustic form. But the difference between the two is "Dear Bobbie" doesn't highlight the violin while "Ten" highlights the violin. It has a violin solo in the middle part of the song. And the last but not the least is "Southern Air" (the song itself). I can relate this song into "Paper Walls" because there are sounds of the bass and guitar in the Southern Air that are very similar to Paper Walls. Southern Air is my third favourite song of the Album. 

In the iTunes version, when you buy the Album, the Bonus Track, "Fix You" that was originally sung by Coldplay is one of the marvellous revive I've heard. I heard already the original Fix You by Coldplay and the Yellowcard version and when I compare them two, the Yellowcard version is the "chilled" version of the Coldplay version. Remember I idolise this two bands and I love this two bands to be honest. I always think that this song (the one I'm referring to the both versions) are they're bridge/connection song because both of my favourite bands have they're own versions of this song. 

The Album is now available on iTunes, Amazon, and local CD stores (such as, Odessey, AstroVision, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment